Monday 19 September 2022

If anyone's still listening?

Well, I suppose I owe you an explanation. We haven't written anything for over four years and we have 5 pubs to write about, plus, we haven't finished the write up about The Bear, Esher.

    This is partly because we got idle or complacent about keeping the blog up to date. We were still visiting pubs but were indisciplined about keeping up with the write ups.

    But the other part of it is that my darling wife was taken seriously ill in April 2018. So ill that I had to give up work to care for her. This meant that Ye Olde Innseekers got put on hold.

    Well, after four difficult years, in May of this year, my wife finally lost her battle and passed away. It's been a difficult time for both of us.

    But, life goes on, as they say, and we feel ready to take up the quest again. Hopefully, it will help us both, occupying our minds with something.

    So, over the next few weeks, I'm going to try and catch up with the blog and bring it up to date. Unfortunately, because the visits were 4 or 5 years ago, some of the details are a bit fuzzy, but I/we will do my/our best. I worded it like that because a lot of the blog will probably be written by me alone, because there is a lot to do and my son, Clint, is extremely busy with work and family commitments so can't always make the time to come here and do it. 

    Whereas, I have plenty of time, so it looks like the lions share will be down to me. I apologise, in advance, if this means it's not as entertaining as it might be ( my son thinks he's the funny one) but time is short as we hope to be visiting TWO pubs in the near future and I want to get as much done before then,

    That's all from me for now, more soon,

                                        Cheers



No comments:

Post a Comment