Sunday 23 June 2013

Pics and Stuff



Just thought I'd add a few thoughts and pics we might not have used. There aren't many of the Bears Head, Middleton 'cos I accidentally deleted the ones that we hadn't already used in the blog (I think?). Anyway, I'm posting them all again here and if you've seen them already.................Hey Ho!

            One major failing on our part is not reviewing the ales in the establishments we visit. There are reasons for this. Firstly, we are lager drinkers, not connoisseurs of cask ales although I do like to try them. Secondly, it wasn't high on our list of things to do. We just wanted to go to all the pubs. However, I know that for a lot of people the quality of the product outweighs the attractions of the establishment. And thirdly, we tend to drink too much anyway on these little  excursions and if we tried every ale we came across we'd forget most of what we were there for.

           Still, in future I will endeavor to try at least one "proper" beer in every pub  we visit and give my honest opinion, such as it is. 

            I did try half a pint of Langton Brewerys' Hop On which was very good, sweet and nutty. And on our way to The Boars Head in Middleton we stopped off at The Gardeners Arms and had half of Joseph Holts' Crystal Extra Cold lager which was excellent! I wish I could get that in my neck of the woods.


                     One thing that makes me smile is that everywhere we go at least one person ( and normally several) asks us why? Why are we doing this? Our stock answer is................ Why Not? 

           How many of you have been out in a group perhaps at the pub or a barbecue and, after quaffing many libations, someone will come out with some lunatic idea of entering the London marathon or going skydiving or doing the three peaks challenge? Everyone is well up for it and you decide you'll talk about it next Friday night and then you sober up the next day and forget all about it. And nobody ever does anything MAD.

          Well, that's what happened to us, only when we sobered up we decided to do it!

Pictures from The Bears Head

The Bears Head
Me, 2 minutes after arriving
With copycat son

Brereton Church

Gatehouse leading to Brereton Hall

Brereton Hall


Brereton Totem Pole

Pictures from The Three Swans

              There are too many here to put captions on at the moment. I'll do it when I have more time.





















Pictures from The Boars Head Middleton


























































It's occurred to me after looking at these photos, I'm gonna have to invest in a decent digital camera. Been using mobile phone and some of these pics are a bit ropey. Sorry about that. Will try to do better.

Don't forget we are going to The Ostrich in Colnbrook on July 5th. Hope to see you there................Cheers!





















No comments:

Post a Comment